Introduction

Right about now, some of you may be wondering, "What is this 'Green & Gold Time Capsule'?"

Perhaps the best way to tell you what it is to explain why I call it that.

Recently, for the first time in years, I went through a box of high school mementos that I had been keeping. And it dawned on me that it was like opening a time capsule. Some of the mementos had stories behind them, but those stories by themselves wouldn't do--sometimes a story just isn't the same without at least one image. And I didn't have a scanner or a digital camera to take those pictures 20 years ago or even 10 years ago. So those stories remained untold for years... until now.

Welcome to Green & Gold Time Capsule, which picks up where two previous compilations (Green & Gold Digest and the Green & Gold Reunion Issue) left off. I created the former in 1990, partly as a year-end review of two of my classes, partly as an attempt to launch Harrison High's fourth publication. I created the latter with the 10-year reunion in mind. Most of you may be finding out them just now, however. I have published them both online this year.

As with the previous two G&Gs, G&G Time Capsule was written almost entirely by me for whatever amusement/entertainment/memory-refreshment value you can get from it. The assortment of stories I offer this time around ranges from French music to rap music, from math to art, from Swing Out program covers to academic letters.

So go ahead... pop it open!

Sincerely,

Mark Rabinowitz
G&G Editor-in-Chief

No comments:

Post a Comment